På MerJobb kan du söka bland en hel massa platsannonser. MerJobb.com är utvecklad på en kafferast av Clas Rydergren.
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a national large-scale research laboratory providing scientists from Sweden and the rest of the world with instruments for research in areas such as materials science, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually. 200 people are currently employed at the MAX IV Laboratory.
We are looking for experienced research engineer to join Safety group and work with the radiation safety team at MAX IV Laboratory.
Safety group is responsible to promote, develop and enable a safe working environment for staff, users and visitors. The work conducted by Safety group ranges from radiation safety, chemical safety, experimental safety, and environmental safety, to systematic work environment and security. The work culture in Safety group is open and transparent and every group member is encouraged to take own initiative and contribute to further development of Safety group and MAX IV Laboratory.
The candidate will be working with radiation safety with focus on:
- Radiation safety simulations with CombLayer and Fluka software for beamlines and accelerator
- Design of radiation safety shielding components for beamlines and accelerator
- Radiological risk assessments according to regulations by the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority
- Daily radiation safety operation of the facility
The successful candidate has a PhD degree in Physics or other subject of relevance for the position and documented working experience from a large scale facility, such as a synchrotron light facility or a neutron facility:
- At least five years of working with radiation safety
- Performing simulations in CombLayer and Fluka software with focus on radiation safety
- Knowledge in radiation safety legislation and experience from the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority would be considered a merit
- Documented experience in working with scientific and technical projects
- Ability to work in a team, good communication skills, and a good command of English is necessary
- Ability to work in a group with flat organisation structure and ability to take own initiative is necessary
On call services may apply in the future.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
2018 - MerJobb.com - sökbara platsannonser - firstname.lastname@example.org